Hereby considered yourself notified of the LARSOC REPUBLIC's policy regarding Porch Pirates and the theft of packages whose tracking numbers show "delivered":
Take steps to prevent Porch Pirates
1) Follow your tracking number and make sure someone is home during the expected delivery time. If nobody will be home, then call the shipping agent (found via your tracking number) and schedule a delivery. You are 100% responsible for checking your email and making proper delivery arrangements. We do not accept "spam" folder excuses or the whole "I forgot all about it" statement.
2) Install a security camera that monitors your front door/mailbox. It may not prevent the theft, however it will at least offer proof that it occurred. (asking your friend to dress up and take your package just to show us proof will not get you a second item free of charge at our expense. We'll require additional proof such as a police report using the video, etc.)
3) Ask a friend or a neighbor to be on the lookout for the package or if they've seen any activity in the area after a theft has occurred. Ask them to pick it up for you and drop it by once you're at home.
4) Install a secure lockbox for packages or use a lockbox service. If you're a frequent buyer and often experience Porch Pirates, then you're most likely being targeted and in desperate need of one.
5) Use the purchase protection feature on your credit card. Check your credit card company's website for more details.
6) Have it delivered to your workplace. Avoid the whole situation entirely be having it delivered to where you are. Ask your employer for permission before doing so.
Were you a victim of a Porch Pirate?
1) If you feel that you are the victim of a porch pirate, you MUST call the police and file a police report within 24 hours of the time/date of delivery posted by the shipping agent. We will not re-ship any order without one.
2) If you feel that you are the victim of a porch pirate, you MUST file a claim within 24 hours of the time/date of delivery posted by the shipping agent: USPS, UPS, DHL, FEDEX, etc. We will not re-ship any order without one.
3) AFTER you've completed step one and step two, send us an email within 5 business days of the date of delivery. In the email, send a copy of both the police report and the shipping claim.
We issue re-shipment of products on a case by case basis. We are not legally obligated to do anything once it's been marked "delivered" by the shipping agent. Once they pick it up, the burden is on them to prove they did their part. After it's been delivered, it's now your responsibility.